Sunday 14 February 2010

Two show dogs

Paying a visit to an agricultural show I particularly noticed a section with dogs, not all the dogs, just this pair. There was something about them that found my gaze riveted to them, trying to work out what they were up to. It's not very difficult to see why they held my attention.
click picture to enlarge
Two attentive dogs

They're both poised in a very alert manner, both apprehensive yet excitedly waiting for something to happen, seemingly associated with the figure in the chair to the left. I'm guessing that the part figure was the owner, but was it? I don't know.

To me, whilst both heads are differently held, they both have appeal. The right looks more alert like an animal who is new to this situation and doesn't know what might happen next, whilst the left looks on with a sort of 'having seen all this before' attitude and knowing what to expect, though with a small element of doubt lurking within..

No comments:

Post a Comment